Do you have old fillings
that look like this?
Or broken like this:
What can be done?
What are they? Why do I need one?
At Chadds Ford Dental, Dr.Pratt can economically restore damaged teeth in a single appointment using a high-quality ceramic material that matches the natural color of other teeth.
With no second visit there is:
- No second trip to my office,
- No second visit shot to numb the teeth,
- No second uncovering of the prepared tooth structure, and
- No second visit trauma to the tooth from exposing, cleaning off temporary cement and irritating the pulp and nerve tissue a second time for permanent cementation.
Why can’t I just get another filling?
Typically this procedure is only recommended if the existing filling, decay and or fracture constitute over 50% of the surface of the tooth. Once this amount of tooth structure is removed, replacing it with composite resin filling material would lead to rapid failure of the restoration. This could lead to such complications as pain, fracture, abcess, and possible loss of teeth.
What are the benefits?
- The dentist performs the restoration in a single session, usually in about one-two hour(s).
- No need for the dentist to make an impression and send it to a lab
- No return visits for the patient
- The restoration is natural looking, as it is made out of tooth-colored ceramic material
- Ceramic material is biocompatible, high-grade, anti-abrasive and plaque-resistant.
- Metal-free -- no silver-colored fillings.
- Allows dentist to save more of the healthy tooth
- Extremely precise
How does it work?